Migrate from FindFind.it
This page helps you how to switch to Trovu.
Your migration depends on whether you used FindFind.it with or without a personal account.
Without a FindFind.it account
Read how to use Trovu on your device. Make sure you set the correct language and country, either via the URL or Settings.
With a FindFind.it account
In this case, you can migrate your settings and user shortcuts. It should not take longer than 5 minutes.
You must have an account at GitHub. It is free.
- Log into GitHub.
- Open trovu-data-user.
- Fork trovu-data-user into your account. (You find the button on the upper right.)
- Within your newly forked repository (it should be under
https://github.com/YOUR_GITHUB_USERNAME/trovu-data-user) , in the file list click on
config.ymland then the 🖊 icon on the upper right to edit it.
- In a new tab, log into your FindFind.it account.
- Go to My account ➡️ Edit.
- At the bottom, find the section Export to Trovu
- Replace the contents in the opened
config.ymlon GitHub with the contents of the config.yml field in FindFind.it.
- Click on Commit changes.
- Do the same for
- Call Trovu with https://trovu.net/#github=YOUR_GITHUB_USERNAME
- Read how to use Trovu on your device.
If you have problems or questions, get support.